Dear Rainer,

Thank you for scanning the mail archive!

This states that getCanonicalPath() was used because -- instead of getPath() --
is case insensitive (on Windows!). And the change was made to fix typo problems
in a testcase (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1842657&view=rev
)

Well - using getCanonicalPath() might solve a typo case issue, but
unfortunately this introduce another semantic.

Guido