I have tried the same set of testcases using h2load with tomcat 9.0.17
from github releases
(https://github.com/apache/tomcat/releases/tag/9.0.17) .

h2load -n 100 -d /tmp/1k https://localhost:8443/
requests: 100 total, 64 started, 63 done, 63 succeeded, 37 failed, 37
errored, 0 timeout

h2load -n 200 -d /tmp/512b https://localhost:8443/
requests: 200 total, 128 started, 127 done, 127 succeeded, 73 failed,
73 errored, 0 timeout

The issue still occurs in latest version too.

--
*With Regards,*
*Santhosh Kumar J*