What is your webapp using as HTTP client that handles the SSL?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 3:41 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: AW: Outbound SSL?

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

I extracted the actual request
> https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?key=<REDACTED>&addre
> ss=<REDACTED>
from where it had been logged to catalina.out, and built a simple program to
feed it to Scott Klement's HTTPAPI, an open-source HTTP interface for
OS/400-native programs. It has a rather rich debugging capability.

Once I got it working on our box, I sent it over to the "problem" box.
And it worked perfectly: it got what appears to be the expected response.

Of course, it's doing all of this natively, rather than through Java.

We also know that Tomcat is running under a 64-bit Java 7 JVM on that box. And
we also know that we've got this product running in Java 6, 7, and 8, on IBM
Midrange boxes, WinDoze boxes, and Linux boxes, without the problem occurring.

--
JHHL