On 12/08/2019 23:18, W wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to find the war file name (for example,
> ROOT##2019-08-12-10-44.war) inside
> ServletContextListener.contextInitialized() and
> ServletContextListener.contextDestroyed(). So I can send email to admins warn
> them which app is up and down.
> Is there a way to do it?

It isn't guaranteed to work in all circumstances but try:

ServletContext.getRealPath("/")

If that doesn't work then - assuming you can use reflection - something
along these lines:

Obtain the ServletConext.
Cast it to org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext

Use reflection to read the context field or call getContext() which will
return a StandardContext instance.

Then you have various options:
- call getDocbase()
- call getPath() and getWebappVersion()

and there are probably plenty of other similar approaches that would work.

Mark