On 18.10.19 17:25, Robert Hicks wrote:
> Management is asking me if there is an end of life for Tomcat 9 reported. I
> don't see anything on the tomcat web site.

Mark recently answered this to a the same question for Tomcat 8.5:

There is no official date.

The Tomcat project maintains 3 major versions in parallel. Currently
these are:
- 9.0.x
- 8.5.x
- 7.0.x

We always provide at least 12 months notice of EOL.

Major releases are aligned with releases of the Servlet specification.
The current timetable for the next Servlet spec is TBD.

We haven't even announced EOL for 7.0.x yet so you have:
- x years until Tomcat 10 / Servlet 4.next is released
- 1 year for 7.0.x EOL
- y years until Tomcat 11 / Servlet 4.next+1 is released
- 1 year for 8.5.x EOL

Taking low estimates for x and y of 1 and 2 respectively, you have at
least 5 years before 8.5.x is EOL.

Take that figure as an "Engineering Estimate". Also known as a "wild guess".