On 30.10.2019 22:03, Mark Thomas wrote:
On October 30, 2019 7:41:07 PM UTC, George Stanchev
<george.stanc...@microfocus.com> wrote:
My question about the source stays, but I guess I should've RTFM where
it states that the wrapper uses # *or* ; as separator and if you want
to embed those character you need to wrap them in single quotes...

From: George Stanchev
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:33 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: tomcat service app

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where when I call tomcat8.exe with
following parameters it writes [2] to the registry (newline where the
semicolon was) and I am having trouble locating the source code
repository for the Windows service app. Can someone point me to it? (Or
tell me what I've done wrong with that property value)

George

[1] tomcat.exe //US//SbmTomcat --Jvm "C:\Program
Files\myapp\jre1.8\bin\server\jvm.dll" --JvmOptions
"...#-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\myapp\jre1.8\lib\ext;C:\Program
Files\myapp\jre1.8\lib\ext.fips#..."
[2]
-D Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\myapp\jre1.8\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\myapp\jre1.8\lib\ext.fips

It is Apache Commons Daemon. Source here:
https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon

Mark

And maybe this helps, as a general explanation :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Windows#Windows-Q11