From: "LoBello,Jeff" <jeff.lobe...@cerner.com>
Date: Monday, October 28, 2019 at 9:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: JSP custom tag operating different when adoptOpenJDK is used vs
Oracle (cross post from tomcat-taglibs-user)

That’s good to hear, you’re example works.  In our tag class, which extends
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.FormatDateSupport, we have
setValue() overloaded, as follows…

    public void setValue(final String value) {

    public void setValue(final Object value) {

Is this a bad practice? How does tomcat decide which one to use.  Why would
changing to adoptOpenJdk break this?

Thanks,

Jeff LoBello
Lead Software Engineer