чт, 5 дек. 2019 г. в 01:20, Guild, Jason A (DOT) <jason.gu...@alaska.gov>:

> Hi all:
>
> The context path of the Tomcat manager application is "/manager" by default
> [0].
> I am trying to change this context path from the default using an override
> configuration.
>
> I am doing the typical creation of a container using makebase.sh and setting
> CATALINA_BASE before starting it.
>
> To enable the manager application on these containers, I create a file
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/manager.xml with the following content:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context path="/manager" docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/manager"
> antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true">
> </Context>

The usage of "path" attribute above is invalid. It must never be used
in a context xml file and it is ignored there,
because the path is derived from the name of the file.

See

If you want to rename the application, you must do the following:

1) first, rename the file itself, e.g. to

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/dev9#manager.xml

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/mymanager.xml

etc.

2) second, you must move the manager application from
"${catalina.home}/webapps/" to some other directory.

The applications in "webapps/" directory are auto-deployed when Tomcat
starts. If you keep the manager app there, it will be deployed twice,
with the new and with the old name.