Mark,

> Am 09.01.2020 um 20:36 schrieb Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>
> On 02/01/2020 09:24, logo wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> The connector comes up correctly, is accessible through the browser but if I
>> test the ssl setup, I get an error message that the key/cert may not be used
>> for "Key agreement"
>>
>> See:
>> testssl.sh <tomcat>:8443
>>
>> Signature Algorithm          ECDSA with SHA256
>> Server key size              EC 256 bits
>> Server key usage             Digital Signature, Key Encipherment
>>                              Certificate incorrectly used for key agreement
>> Server extended key usage    TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Client
>> Authentication

The key usage error is caused by identifying ECDH_RSA ciphers on the connector…
(most certainly an unexpected edge case, I’ve debugged it that far). That
should not be the case - as it is an ECDSA Cert, right?

> The allowed usages are configured when a certificate is created. See:
> https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man5/x509v3_config.html
>
> You need to take this up with your Certificate Authority.

The CA is issuing the right cert with appropriate usage for a Webserver
"Digital Signature, Key Encipherment".

> I'll look at the cipher differences next.

testssl.sh -e  https://<server>:<port> should give you my result.

Thanks.

Peter

[1] https://github.com/drwetter/testssl.sh