On 13.02.2020 10:36, kohm...@iris.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
On 2020/02/13 18:25, André Warnier (tomcat/perl) wrote:
Check in the file (tomcat_dir)/conf/server.xml, the Connector :

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

The setting is the same as mine.

I have use server.xml used in 8.5.50. In case of 8.5.50, I have no problem.

Please notice, I have been using Tomcat for 5 years with updates.
Why this time?

Yes, you are right, and I am sorry for my previous short answer.
(I thought that you were a "newbie" installing tomcat 8.5 for the firdst time, and that you had just not configured the Connector correctly.)

But Remy's answer, and the other thread "Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 9.0.31 available" seems to indicate that this was due to a *change* in behaviour between 8.5.50 and 8.5.51.

In any case, it seems that for now, you will have to modify the AJP Connector configuration in server.xml, to make it work with 8.5.51 and above, and add an explicit

secretRequired="false"

attribute.  And maybe also an explicit listening address..

It looks like these changes are documented here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/changelog.html
--> Coyote

Update:  Disable (comment out in server.xml) the AJP/1.3 connector by default.
(markt)
Update: Change the default bind address for the AJP/1.3 connector to be the loopback address. (markt) Add: Rename the requiredSecret attribute of the AJP/1.3 Connector to secret and add a new attribute secretRequired that defaults to true. When secretRequired is true the AJP/1.3 Connector will not start unless the secret attribute is configured to a non-null, non-zero length String. (markt)

I think that the first change above is ok, because it only affects the distribution of newly-downloaded server.xml files.

But the other two also impact existing installations just being updated, and in a way that is not very clearly indicated in the on-line documentation. That looks a bit more iffy..