hi,

I'm configuring a two tomcat cluster with session replication and
encountering a strange issue. One of the tomcats appears to choose the AJP
connector port at random. The other tomcat obeys the port directive from
its connector without a problem. This is doubly strange because the second
tomcat's entire directory is copied from the first's and I only made the
necessary modifications to ports in server.xml in order to avoid clashes.
The random port changes with every restart of tomcat.

Any ideas on where I can find where tomcat chooses the port, or how I can
debug this?

thanks,
Jon.