On 24/3/20 5:45 pm, Martin Grigorov wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 9:12 AM Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com> wrote:

I'm quite baffled!

http://tomcat.apache.org/source.html gives me the url:-

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site

I made a clean "svn checkout" and referred to the README.txt about the
source files being xml formatted. I have all the html files, but the
instructions tell me the real source is the xml. There are a lot of xml
files, but not for Logging.

Unfortunately, even after trying:-

svn update --set-depth infinity xdocs jk-xdocs native-xdocs

The directory tree does contain several xml files related to logging
with Tomcat 5, but not the page I want to update.

When I browse:-

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site/trunk/xdocs/

There are quite a few xml files, but not the one I would like to modify
- Logging.xml.

What have I misunderstood?

$ grep -rnH 'Apache Tomcat uses JULI' .

./docs/tomcat-9.0-doc/logging.html:38:      The internal logging for Apache
Tomcat uses JULI, a packaged renamed fork
./docs/tomcat-8.5-doc/logging.html:38:      The internal logging for Apache
Tomcat uses JULI, a packaged renamed fork
./docs/tomcat-10.0-doc/logging.html:38:      The internal logging for
Apache Tomcat uses JULI, a packaged renamed fork
./docs/tomcat-8.0-doc/logging.html:38:      The internal logging for Apache
Tomcat uses JULI, a packaged renamed fork

grep also does not find the text in any .xml file. Only in .html.

Thanks for looking, Martin.

Here is a direct quote from the site (trunk) README.txt:-

  ***NOTE***
  DO NOT EDIT THE .html files in the docs directory.
  Please follow the directions below for updating the website.
  ***NOTE***
  The Tomcat web site is based on .xml files which are transformed
  into .html files using XSLT and Ant.

So where are the xml files, I wonder?

Brian

Martin