On 4/8/20 4:57 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
See
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxy
for some examples.

Yes. That's the very point in the documentation that has my head spinning:
For example, the following will allow only hosts in
yournetwork.example.com to access content via your proxy server:

<Proxy "*">
  Require host yournetwork.example.com
</Proxy>

*Access* content?? I thought the Tomcat server is *serving* content.

So if I remember everything correctly, you could be really specific with
the following:

<Proxy "https://qux.baz.com";>
        Require ip 127.0.0.1
</Proxy>

Place this inside the virtual host defined in the appropriate ssl.conf
snippet. I think that you have an ssl.conf file per domain, right?

Then in the non-ssl snippet, you would rewrite all the requests to go to
HTTPS.

That part makes sense, although I'm not entirely sure why I would want to "be really specific" about the domain in the Proxy container, unless it's to keep it from fighting with the other VirtualHosts. And actually, I put the SSL and non-SSL VirtualHost blocks for the new domain in a single .conf file.

--
JHHL