On Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 11:58 Barry Kimelman <crhistopher.p...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> my system is a windows 10 64 bit laptop.
> I am running tomcat 9
> Here is the directory of my Java environment
>
>  Directory of C:\Program Files\Java
>
> Sat Jan 25, 2020  06:03 AM    <DIR>          .
> Sat Jan 25, 2020  06:03 AM    <DIR>          ..
> Tue Jan 01, 2019  03:47 PM    <DIR>          jdk1.8.0_191
> Sat Jan 25, 2020  06:02 AM    <DIR>          jre1.8.0_241
>
> I can successfully run my old app which I wrote some time ago. However when
> I try to run my new app

What's the difference between "old" and "new"?

Also, were you running the app on a previous version of Tomcat and / or
Java?

I just get a blank screen.
> When I check the tomcat log it shows a HTTP status code of 421

Can you paste the complete stack trace (including any "caused by"
statements)

which means
> "misdirected request" (i have never seen this code before while running my
> tomcat server)
>
> My new app is structured just like my old app. There is an index.html file
> which automatically redirects to a JSP page.
>
>      1 <html>
>      2 <head>

     3 <title>QWLC Data Management/title>

Missing the left brace for the "title" closing tag

     4 <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="3; URL=enter.jsp">