Hi Michael,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:08 PM Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 2020-04-19 um 19:51 schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> > Hi Emilio,
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 2:14 PM Emilio Fernandes <
> > emilio.fernande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hola Tomcat community!
> >>
> >> We consider using AWS Graviton [1] based instances which use ARM64
> >> processors for our backend services.
> >> I've googled around and found [2] saying that Tomcat is being tested on
> >> ARM64 architecture at TravisCI! This is great!
> >> Does this mean that Tomcat is officially supported on ARM64 ? I was not
> >> able to find any specific documentation listing which platforms are
> >> officially supported.
> >>
> >> Does anyone from the community have any experience with Tomcat/HTTPD on
> >> ARM64 in production ?
> >>

> > I work a lot with ARM64 servers lately!
> > So far we didn't face any issue related to ARM64 & Tomcat in our
> > application!
> > I've introduced the testing on TravisCI that you have found. In addition
> > for my daily job we have created a nightly test setup:
> > - build and test Tomcat 9.x (as at Travis)
> > - run some smoke tests with our application
> > - run some performance tests on x86_64 and ARM64 VMs with similar
> hardware
> > specs. The results for both architectures are very similar. One thing
> that
> > still bothers me is that the throughput on HTTPS is 3 times less than
> HTTP.
>
> OpenSSL or SunJSSE?

Both.
With OpenSSL it is slightly faster than with JSSE, but again around 3 times
slower than HTTP.

Here are some details:
Tomcat: 9.x nightly build
tcnative: nightly build from master branch
JDK: AdoptJDK 14
OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018 (this comes from Ubuntu 18.04 repos. I will try
with a newer build)
JMeter: 5.2.1
The application is Spring Boot 2.2.6 with REST GET/PUT/POST/DELETE
endpoints that simply sets/gets data to/from Memcached. No usage of Spring
Security! No redirects from HTTP to HTTPS!

Let me know if you need more information!