I have an app running in tomcat 9 that makes an ssl call to an external
webservice.

It fails with these errors in the logs:
ERROR javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target

I have this in the connectors in the server.xml.
              keystoreFile="/usr/apache/tomcat/ssl/TomcatTrustStore.p12"
               truststoreFile="/usr/apache/tomcat/ssl/TomcatTrustStore.p12"
               keystorePass="XXXXXXXX"
               truststorePass="XXXXXXX"

I have the root authority certs importated as trusted certs in this p12 file.

Any ideas?

Shawn Beard • Sr. Systems Engineer
Middleware Engineering

[cid:image2958d0.PNG@871604a2.4590bc83]

 3840 109th Street Urbandale, IA 50322
 Phone: +1-515-564-2528
 Email: sbe...@wrberkley.com
 Website:
berkleytechnologyservices.com<https://www.berkleytechnologyservices.com/>

Technology Leadership Unleashing Business Potential

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the transmitted documents contain
private, privileged and confidential information belonging to the sender. The
information therein is solely for the use of the addressee. If your receipt of
this transmission has occurred as the result of an error, please immediately
notify us so we can arrange for the return of the documents. In such
circumstances, you are advised that you may not disclose, copy, distribute or
take any other action in reliance on the information transmitted.