Hi calder,

> Am 13.05.2020 um 04:59 schrieb calder <calder....@gmail.com>:
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2020, 21:48 kohmoto <kohm...@iris.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Calder,
>>
>> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>> I think Tomcat binary files all have root priviledges.
>> Should these priviledges should be changed to user priviledges?
>>

> Yes.

I would suggest to leave the binaries and maybe even config files to root or
any other admin. So a hacked tomcat process under tomcat user will not be able
to exchange config or even binaries.
That will only work if the config will not be changed via host-manager or
programmatically.

In the past we even held the installed webapps under a different user. but that
maybe difficult in automated deployments.

My 2cts.

Peter