Hello everyone,

I work in an IT firm as a software engineer. I don't know whether it's a
right platform to ask questions based on personal projects but i believe i
will get some help from here.

We are facing an issue regarding multiple threads being created for a
servlet execution running in tomcat 9.0.0

Servlet's job is to publish customer leads to salesforce via soap protocol.
The logic has been designed in such a way that in a single thread it can
publish multiple leads to salesforce one by one. However we recently
migrated our java application to kubernetes adopting containerized
approach.
Post this we are facing an issue in which, when the process starts
publishing leads to salesforce one by one, after a few uploads a new thread
gets created and it starts the whole process from beginning and then after
a few seconds another thread kicks off repeating the whole process. It
keeps going on until session timeout exceeds and we get a 504 error. But
the upload process keeps going on in the background and stops after 2-3
threads.

Before moving to kubernetes, the process was working fine. In order to
serve multiple requests at the same time, servlet is not designed to be
thread safe.

But now we are facing this issue and unable to identify the root cause.

Here's a sample of threads from the logs :
 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO

 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-3] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO
 [http-nio-8080-exec-3] INFO

The configurations for tomcat remains same as default. Session timeout is
set as 30 min (default).

For more info please let me know.

Hope will get some help from here.

Thanks!