Hi All,

I wanted to check if tomcat 9.0.36 supports open jdk 13/14.

I created a simple spring boot war file and compiled/built it with openjdk
13/14. After running maven install , I deployed the war file from the
target directory to tomcat webapps using tomcat manager. It did not work
and gave me 404 messages with both 13/14. No error or any exception
anywhere in logs.Catalina log just says a war file is deployed.

Then i compiled the same spring boot app with jdk 8 and deployed it with
tomcat and it works fine. I am able to call my endpoints with no issues.

I am having a hard time deploying angular/spring boot and building war file
and deploying it on tomcat 9.0x with openjdk 13. So I thought this might be
a good place to start with.

I used the below pom file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
https://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<parent>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
<version>2.3.1.RELEASE</version>
<relativePath/> <!-- lookup parent from repository -->
</parent>
<groupId>com.kiran</groupId>
<artifactId>springwar</artifactId>
<version>1.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<name>springwar</name>
<description>Sample project to deploy war to tomcat</description>

<properties>
<java.version>14</java.version>
</properties>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-web</artifactId>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-tomcat</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-test</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.junit.vintage</groupId>
<artifactId>junit-vintage-engine</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
</dependencies>