Am 2020-06-26 um 09:21 schrieb Jürgen Weber:
Hi,

when you run tomcat with jsvc and have jsvc drop privileges to a
different user, stdout and stderr log files are still created with
root as owner.
Can you make jsvc create them as the -user ?

What is you actual problem with that?

I have talked about this to Mark two years ago. I think this is logically not that easy. jsvc needs to start as root to bind priviledged ports, it inits Tomcat, then downgrades and starts the rest of the container. While it is in init state stdout/stderr need to be opened already.

If you are have problem with log rotation. I use newsyslogd for that which does send SIGUSR1 and works flawlessly. You may use similar tools.