Kindly reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Raghav

On 20/07/20, 11:08 PM, "Christopher Schultz" <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
wrote:

    Ragavendhiran,

    On 7/18/20 08:53, Ragavendhiran Bhiman (rabhiman) wrote:
    > The OS is RHEL => 7.6
    >

    > From: "Ragavendhiran Bhiman (rabhiman)" <rabhi...@cisco.com> Date:
    > Saturday, 18 July 2020 at 6:21 PM To: Tomcat Users List
    > <users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Memory leak in the PKCS11 how to
    > fix the problem
    >

    > From: "Ragavendhiran Bhiman (rabhiman)" <rabhi...@cisco.com> Date:
    > Saturday, 18 July 2020 at 6:20 PM To: Tomcat Users List
    > <users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Memory leak in the PKCS11 how to
    > fix the problem
    >
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I am seeing the memory leaks from tomcat apache in the following
    > SSL path using PKCS11.
    In what way are you using PKCS#11? Using a hardware crypto engine via
    OpenSSL? Are you using the APR connector or are you using OpenSSL via
    JSSE?
  <Raghav>  It is being used via the OpenSSL. I am not sure how to identify it
is via the APR or hardware.

    > Attached the flame graph of memory possible memory leaks in this
    > area. Please check the attached flame graph of the memory trace.

    Attachments are stripped from messages to this list. Can you post the
    graph somewhere and include a link to a reply here?

<Raghav>Attached again using the dropbox.

    > On simply a long run the memory keep on allocated in these back
    > traces only causing the memory leak, and the polling of the async
    > profiler for more than 6hours shows this clearly. Could you please
    >  help how to fix this problem? (open this svg graph in browser
    > only)> Note: If C_DestroyObject is not called because of finalizer
    >  accumulation is also tested by inducing the gc using the jmap
    > command still could see the memory never gone down after the Full
    > GC collection as well. Expecting your advice on the same.

    Are you suggesting that the solution will be to do something explicit
    in a class finalizer? Or are you suggesting that some additional
    native calls are required to clean-up.

<Raghav> I called the GC via jmap -histo:live but still the weak references not
cleaned up the RSS never reduced. This means that some where the memory being
held in native that’s what my suspect. Kindly suggest from your side as well.

Thanks.