Hi Martyn
This is not a bug but a "feature". Infact when you specify an absolute path for the "value" attribute, the JSTL will prepend it with the "context" of the web-app. In your case, i think you have a context with path "/" in your server.xml (or context.xml etc)

From the spec, section 7.5:

  The URL must be either an absolute URL starting with a scheme
  (e.g. "http:// server/context/page.jsp") or a relative URL as
  defined by JSP 1.2 in JSP.2.2.1 "Relative URL Specification". As a
  consequence, an implementation must prepend the context path to a
  URL that starts with a slash (e.g. "/page2.jsp") so that such URLs
  can be properly interpreted by a client browser.

You should use relative paths to avoid it :D
Bye

Giorgio Ponza

Martyn Hiemstra wrote:
Hi All

I am having a problem with Tomcat 5.0.28. I designed a website a few months ago and I started working on it again. I cant remember what version Tomcat I designed it in but now I'm trying Tomcat 5.0.28.

When I deploy my website everything deploys perfectly. When i view the page it's white as if there is no style. I then viewed the source and I saw this:

   <link rel="stylesheet" href="//displayThemeCss" type="text/css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="//displayModuleCss" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//displaySystemModulesCss" type="text/css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="//core/css/common.css" type="text/css" />

The source code in my jsp file is this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/displayThemeCss" />" type="text/css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/displayModuleCss" />" type="text/css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/displaySystemModulesCss" />" type="text/css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/core/css/common.css" />" type="text/css" />

As you can see the c:url tag messes up the url by adding 2 forward slahes. This makes the browser think that it shoulod load the style sheets from the server displayThemeCss, displayModuleCss etc

I beleive this to be a bug in the class that formats the url. Does anybody know how to solve this.

Thanks in advance,
Martyn