Hi,
I'm separating this question from my earlier thread on load balancing rules - it
seems that it was over-looked there since it did not fit in there :(.

My question is that when I use the default balancer webapp from Tomcat 5.5 the redirection rules redirect me to either jakarta, cnn or yahoo's site. However,
the redirection is not transparent to the user.

for example,
Client Types : http://servername:8080/balancer/
Balancer Redirects To: http://jakarta.apache.org
*The browser URL changes to  : http://jakarta.apache.org*

I think this change of URL does not make the transition transparent. Also, the subsequent requests bypass the load balancer(LB) and are directly served by the server (so what happens if the server is down - the LB has support for fail over
but the request never went via the LB)

Please could someone throw some light on the same?
Awaiting responses,

--
Madhur Kumar Tanwani