On 11/09/2020 21:29, Dave Ford wrote:

<snip/>

> I can't find any useful information in the tomcat logs - is it possible
> to turn up the logging for the manager app to see exactly what
> credentials (well, username) is being passed by Edge to it?

If the user isn't authenticated, the request doesn't get as far as the
app. Authentication happens in the Realm (assuming you are using Tomcat
provided authentication.)

Looking at the Realm level logging, you'd need to enable TRACE logging
and even then, there isn't anything to tie the log messages to a
specific request.

Given the description, it sounds like you are using BASIC
authentication. Logging the Authorization header in the access log is
probably the simplest option in that case.

If possible, I'd visit one of the affected users and take a look at the
HTTP headers in the request and response.

HTH,

Mark