It sounds like that SUN box is either configured different than the
other SUN machines or you have some bad memory modules in it.

Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: Arunan Kannan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; Martin Gainty
Subject: Re: Tomcat shutdowns unexpectedly - Please help

Hi,

Even after making the timeout parameter to 0, still the problem exist.

Even I ran a continous polling application in the tomcat and still the
problem exist.

The tomcat server gets shutdown unexpectedly after some irregular period
of time 3 or 4 or 6 hrs. However this problem doesn't exists in other
sun machines.
Only in a particular system it is occuring. Please help me out to find
whats the problem with the system and the tomcat server.
Machine Detail: SUN OS 5.8
Tomcat versio: 4.1

Please help.
Thanks again.

On 7/11/06, Arunan Kannan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi David, Martin, and Alireza,
>
> Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions. Thanks a lot.
>
> Hi David,
> There is no logs corresponding to this shutdown anywhere on the
> system. I couldn't find any thing relevent to this crash on syslog or
> at any other place. Thanks for your help.
>
> Hi Martin,
> Here is the log from catalina.out file. Please have a look at it.
> Jul 10, 2006 11:57:18 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Starting service
> Tomcat-Standalone Apache Tomcat/4.1.31 Jul 10, 2006 11:57:21 PM
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Jul 10, 2006 11:57:21 PM
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009 Jul 10, 2006 11:57:21 PM
> org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=2/53  config=/temp/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> /conf/jk2.pro
> perties
> Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
>
> and here are the logs from localhost_admin_log.2006-07-10.txt
>
> 2006-07-11 05:01:40 StandardContext[/admin]: Servlet /admin threw
> load() excepti on
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
> org.apache.web app.admin.ApplicationServlet or a class it depends on
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet
> (StandardWrapper.
> java:844)
> 6)      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(
> StandardWrapper.java:77
> t.ja

3363)rg.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardConte