Carsten,

On 9/27/20 05:53, Carsten Klein wrote:
> Any comments on that? Is it worth preparing a PR?

Regular expressions are fairly expensive.

If there is a way to build the code such that some subset of wildcards
can be serviced without regex (and of course exact matches without using
regex), then I'm at least a +0 on this.

It may seem like over-engineering, but maybe creating a Matcher
interface and a Factory (I know, I know) which produces Matchers which
implement the optimal strategy for a particular value would be a good
way to do this.

A single matcher could be used for really simple values and maybe a
MultipleMatcher could be used for multiple different value-checks.
Something like that will likely lead to the highest-performing filter
processing.

-chris