I'm using RemoteIpValve to capture protocolHeader x-forwarded-proto and upgrade
the request to secure when SSL is terminated at the load balancer - so far so
good.

When using theServletRequest.startAsync() and then passing the work to a
threadpool executor, it seems the RemoteIpValve.invoke finally{} block executes
first and undoes all the changes to the Request object. The result is by the
time the worker picks up the request, it's demoted back to http and nothing
works.

This was noted in 2017 with no answers, but the internet is pretty quiet about
others facing this:
https://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=150971153905722&w=2

Maybe I'm not understanding how this should work? Seems right to me... Thanks
for any information,
Nate

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the
sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this
email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement;
provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included
in any attachment.