Hi all,
I would like to know how to append (or prepend) some content in a Servlet,
after RequestDispatcher#forward is called.

Example code:

class MyServlet extends HttpServlet {

@Override
response)
            throws ServletException, IOException {

        final String finalUri = ... // compute some resource URI;
        RequestDispatcher resource = request.getRequestDispatcher(finalUri);

        response.getWriter().append("prepend string");
        resource.forward(request, response);
    }

}

I know Javadoc says
'Uncommitted output in the response buffer is automatically cleared before
the forward.'
so obviously my code does not work properly.
I also tried using RequestDispatcher#include but I need to keep response
headers, added during the forward/inclusion.

So:
1) Is there any way to append content after/before forward?
2) Is there any way to keep response headers added during resource
inclusion?
3) Other ideas..?

Ty in advance

Nicolò Boschi