From: Maarten van Hulsentop <maar...@vanhulsentop.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:10 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Virtual event focussed on Tomcat Security

Hi Mark,

This sounds like a great idea to me. Security is a very important topic, and
the maturity of the Tomcat makes it a very secure choice for users. I am sure a
lot of people will be interested to join in.

What is not completely clear to me on this event; would this event be focussed
on improving the security of Tomcat from within (as a Hackathon suggests)? Like
trying to find security flaws/improvements and get them fixed.
or is this meant to be an educational event where information is shared about
secure setups/hardening of the Tomcat in production systems? Or a little of
both?

For the educational/hardening aspect, it could be nice to team up with/involve
OWASP?

I am surely interested to pitch in on this topic!

Kind regards,

Maarten van Hulsentop