Chris,

I know this issue is strange and I too dont know what exactly is going on,
for now I am only able to replicate this issue and find a workaround for
this, so let me explain how I am able to replicate this issue.

Case 1:
When I login to the application using the dns for the first time it works
fine as for the first time we redirect to another login application that
after authentication redirect us to our direct url( which works fine). But
when I open the application again using the same dns url it picks up data
from cookies and some of the functionality does not work.

Case 2:
When I login to another application which uses the same login application
as I use, and then open our application from the dns url then this issue
occurs.

I would also like to add that when I use the other dns url for the same
application it works fine for both the cases I mentioned above. And we
tried to clear our browser cache, cookies and also tomcat's
work/Catalina/localhost directories then rebouncing the tomcat. But we
still are having this issue.

Thanks,
Larvi