Steve,

On 10/26/20 13:02, Steve Sanders wrote:
We ran into similar issues when upgrading to latest JDK 8 (and 11). We
found that the fix was to add the sun.security.ec.SunEC as a security
provider in java.security like so:

security.provider.9=sun.security.ec.SunEC

I'll have to try that. I can easily use my SSLTest tool[1] to test various permutations.

After adding this we were able to continue using our current certificates
and communicate with services using the updated ciphers. Depending on the
version / flavor of JDK you're using you may also need to apply the
unlimited strength JCE policy patch found here:
https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jce8-downloads.html

If you still need this, then you really need to upgrade your Java. Java 8 no longer requires application of a separate, "unlimited" policy file since u162, released January 2018.

-chris

[1] https://github.com/ChristopherSchultz/ssltest
[2] https://golb.hplar.ch/2017/10/JCE-policy-changes-in-Java-SE-8u151-and-8u152.html