The oracle driver library that seems to work is ojdbc14.jar
http://download.oracle.com/otn/utilities_drivers/jdbc/9205/ojdbc14.jar
I just set up a JDBCRealm the other day using it following the realm howto
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html
and it worked like a charm.

You can also easily create a datasource for your webapp and use it to get
connections. http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
mas
Propes, Barry L wrote:
precisely it is, as you  typed below.

I'd actually like to toss the JDBC-ODBC bridge software, as I've heard some
unstable things about it, maybe this included, but am a little uncertain as to
how to truly go about getting the Oracle driver I need. I don't claim to be an
expert on Oracle, but I downloaded two zip files - ora9018 and ORA92065.zip. I
unzipped these, but neither seems to place a new driver on my machine, nor does
it include an exe file that would ostensibly install such.

I've also downloaded three different OTN zipped files, huge in nature, which I
think would install the connectivity client and other components, which I
already have on my machine.

Is there a way to just "cherry pick" to the actual driver? And get it on the
box in question? The process doesn't seem to be real intuitive!

Any feedback is appreciated, though!