Hi,

Am 30.11.2020 um 17:09 schrieb Amit Pande:
> I guess I will have to investigate the RHEL 7.3 entropy issue separately
> (possibly as hobby project) and look for other options to make progress.
>
> I still find it odd that something related to randomness (entropy generation)
> is so consistent (the slowness is equally slow or more on multiple RHEL 7.3
> systems I have, maybe I need to look for machines from different data center
> or a physical 7.3 server).
>
> And yes, the 10 year certificate validity is just for testing purposes. 😊
>
> Thank you for your inputs. Indeed helpful in evaluating our choices.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

you might have a look at rng-tools (rngd) or haveged to boost your
entropy pool.

We use haveged in a VMware virtualized environment and this reduces a
plain tomcat startup from multiple minutes to just a few secondes.

I think Red Hat preferes rngd but there should be some articles on
access.redhat.com to help you depending on the used hypervisor.

Regards,

  Stefan