Thomas,

On 1/20/2021 2:59 AM, Thomas Meyer wrote:
Hi,

as far as I can see there seems to be no AccessLog interface implementation
that is using the standard tomcat logging subsystem.
Is there a reason for this?
I have a use case were I want to forward access log to splunk via http event
collector endpoint.
The idea is to log access log via tomcat logging and configure tomcat logging
to use HttpEventCollectorLog4jAppender to forward all access logs to splunk.

mfg
thomas

You could probably configure Tomcat to use log4j2 and its SocketAppender to do this. Then it becomes a configuration exercise.

I think there were some notes on how to do the former on the mailing list. It's been a couple of years since I've set up Tomcat with log4j2, otherwise I'd write up detailed instructions.

I hope that gets you started down a reasonable path.

. . . just my two cents.
/mde/