On 10/03/2021 05:26, Arshiya Shariff wrote:
Hi All,
We are using embedded tomcat version 9.0.43 in our application to transport
http/2 packets between 2 systems (h2c connection). All parameters used are the
tomcat defaults.

We are facing the below issue :

   1.  Tomcat is not sending WINDOW_UPDATE when a request(payload > 65K) is
landed on an Unknown URL(which is not deployed as a servlet and not having  a
servlet mapping). The same is working when request landed on an known URL(which is
deployed as a servlet and has an servlet mapping).
   2.  Tomcat is listening on 1080 port, client is sending packet size of >
65KB, but here tomcat receives only 65KB  and not receiving full DATA, later
tomcat sends RST_STREAM, further no WINDOW_UPDATE, after that client is not able
to send DATA frames as there is no WINDOW_UPDATE from tomcat.

Kindly let us know whether it is a bug or not.

Certainly looks like a bug. I'll investigate now...

Mark

Working case :
Client is sending to an correct URL of size/payload > 65KB. Tomcat is sending
WINDOW_UPDATE. 200OK from application, which is working properly. Later client is
able to send requests along with DATA also, and tomcat is receiving those

I have placed the PCAPs for the Working(correct url) and Not Working Case
(unknown url) in the below path:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IN4XVQe2cvGIIQbHmAu-XLeWhjb-rykr?usp=sharing

Thanks and Regards
Arshiya Shariff