Eric and Martin,

On 3/17/21 15:35, Martin Grigorov wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021, 20:27 Eric Robinson <eric.robin...@psmnv.com> wrote:

From: Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 12:45 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Wait... NULL address in java.net.BindException: Address
already
in use (Bind failed) <null> ???

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021, 19:34 Eric Robinson <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
wrote:

Getting error:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use (Bind failed)
<null>:3787

Please paste more lines of the exception.
Also please tell us which version of JDK/JRE you use.
This exception is very cryptic and does not usually tell which address
is in use.
I.e. 3787 is not the port, as you might think. Most probably it is a
line in some
class.

Tomcat: Apache Tomcat/8.5.51
JVM: 1.8.0_241-b08

The following error appears in catalina.out under tomcat 8. It does not
mention the null. We tried it under tomcat 7 as well, and that is where it
mentions the null.

17-Mar-2021 11:12:54.039 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-3787"]
17-Mar-2021 11:12:54.048 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal Failed to initialize
connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-3787]]

This line says that 3787 is the port indeed.
Are you sure it is not bound?

Also, please post your <Connector>s from conf/server.xml.

You mentioned "<null>:3787" in your error message but I don't see that in the exception. Are you sure you are posting everything?

-chris