Martynas,

On 14.04.2021 14:20, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> you might want to look into containerizing your webapps. We use an
> XSLT stylesheet (invoked by the entrypoint script) that transforms env
> params into context.xml params:
> https://github.com/AtomGraph/LinkedDataHub/blob/master/platform/context.xsl

Thank you very much!

If I understood Mark correctly, the environment variable values need to be set
in the Tomcat process
before Tomcat starts.

The aim would be to change the environment for the webapps, i.e. in a running
Tomcat instance. A JVM
AFAIK would not honor changes to the environment after it got started, but
thought it possible that
through some magic :) by the Tomcat developers this could be achieved for
webapps. The CGI solution
works with a new environment as a new (relative expensive) process gets created
through Java for
which all these aspects could be set.

---rony