Hi Chris,

> Mine is coming up on 20 years old.
That's worthy of an extra slice of cake :-).

> The code you posted shows imports and then your interaction with the
> fileupload library. Do you know what else happens before this line of code?

>      ServletRequestContext requestContext = new ServletRequestContext(/*
> HttpServletRequest  */ request);

I've now reverted my changes to the latest SVN checkin from when I adjusted the
code to avoid deprecated methods to try to remedy this problem and that line no
longer exists.

> Can you reproduce this in a testing environment? I'll bet we can write a
> Filter or Valve which can catch this bug red-handed.

I'd love to have the time to do this, but my motivation to do so has all but
been killed by pragmatism.

I could send you the two Java classes off-list if you'd like to speculate
further?

Thanks,
Tim