Chris,

Would it be a cursor issue, as there seems to be how cursors are handled in
postgres and Oracle database. Below are the steps we take from jdbc side

   1. open connection
   2. set  auto commit to false
   3. create callable statement
   4. execute the call
   5. get the results
   6. set autocommit to true
   7. close the resultset,callable statement and connection

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 8:10 AM Ayub Khan <ayub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seeing client write waits on postgresql as attached in the image. Is there
> any bottle neck which is causing the client write waits on postgresql ?
>
> Below is the test setup
>
> Jmeter-->(load balanced tomcat on ec2 instances)---->rds read replicas
>
> All these are running on different ec2 instances in AWS cloud in the same
> region
>
> below is the config of the http connector on tomcat:
>
> <Connector port="8080"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
>                connectionTimeout="120000" maxThreads="50000"
> maxConnections="50000"
>                URIEncoding="UTF-8"
>                redirectPort="8443" />
>
> Below are the specs of the server:
>
> Ec2 instance which is running tomcat 8.5
>
> c5.9x large
> 36 vpcu
> 72GB memory
> 10GBPS network
> EBS band width 9500
>

> postgresql RDS db.r6g.16xlarge
>
> 512 GB memory
> 64 VCPU
> 25 Gibs network
> AWS Gravitron cpu
>
> --Ayub

Sun Certified Enterprise Architect 1.5
Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.4
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2000
http://in.linkedin.com/pub/ayub-khan/a/811/b81
mobile:+966-502674604
It is proved that Hard Work and kowledge will get you close but attitude
will get you there. However, it's the Love
of God that will put you over the top!!