On 21/06/2021 17:31, Roberto Benedetti wrote:
Hello,
in our product we subclassed JNDIRealm to return a custom Principal with
attributes retrieved from Active Directory (bug 65391 is going to add support
for that).
We overrode authenticate(DirContext, String, String) to retrieve the attributes
and return the custom Principal.
In Tomcat 9.0.39 the method has changed to authenticate(JNDIConnection, String,
String) and we cannot override it to retrieve the attributes because
JNDIConnection.context is not visible to subclasses.
Is there a work-around for that?

Not a simple one.

I'll make those fields public. And probably final too. The fix will be in the next release.

Mark