I am not sure how it is not working for you, so this may not be relevant.
However, this caused me a lot of confusion.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57601284/java-11-and-12-ssl-sockets-fail-on-a-handshake-failure-error-with-tlsv1-3-enable

I had to disable TLS 1.3 to get my Java client to connect to Tomcat.

(I had a thread "Strange connection error" and "[Possible Spam]  Re: Strange
connection error" starting on June 10 or so.)

Good luck,

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, INĀ  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaas...@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.