Piyush,

On 8/24/21 23:47, Piyush Sharma wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:29 PM Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Piyush,

On 8/22/21 03:54, Piyush Sharma wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:40 PM Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Piyush,

On 8/20/21 06:36, Piyush Sharma wrote:

Hello,

I am using Apache Tomcat 9.0.46 version on docker container.

There is a problem, where the base path was wrongly set by automation
script due to which it starts for few seconds, listen port 8080 and
then
stop, due to that container exit after sometime.

Now how can we debug such issue, which shows any error / problem in
tomcat
configuration.

I tried with "jpda start" or "debug" options, but that didn't help me.
Is
there any option to debug tomcat related issues or problems.

"catalina.sh configtest" will show any error in xml or properties but
will
not help to debug tomcat startup problem.

*Note:* I am just deploying with the helloworld war file. nothing much
in
code as of now.

Maybe just fix your automation script to use the right path?

It's hard to understand what the problem is given the information you
have presented.

-chris

Thanks Chris

I have removed automation and harded everything and created a new docker
image.
Now when I try to start the container, it starts for a few seconds and
stops (port 8080 listens for a while). Nothing in logs.

$ catalina.sh run  (tried with "jpda start" or "debug" options as well)
$ ps aux |grep java --> show the process for few seconds
$ netstat -ntpl |grep 8080 --> shows the port for few seconds

I am wondering if I can debug such issues, when it starts for a few
seconds
and then stops. Is there any memory , config file or any other issues?

Any debug option whether tomcat

What do the logs say?

-chris

Hello Chris,

After starting the container in debug mode, I noticed Exit Code 137 which
seems to be OOM (out of memory) issue. Due to which container exit /
terminate.

Is there any other reason for Exit Code 137 ? as I am just starting hello
world application and given 2 GB RAM.

What do the logs say?

-chris