Mark,

On 12/1/2021 12:21 AM, Mark Eggers wrote:
Jerry,

On 11/30/2021 10:06 PM, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
I'm circling back to this after a few months.  I am building on a Windows 10 box with 9.0.52 TC.  But I'm running on an AWS Linux2 with 8.5.72.  This has never caused any problems so far, or at least as far as I can tell.  But I'm hitting something strange with this relatively new BasicDataSource.restart() method.   My reference to restart() builds fine.  But when I run it on the 8.5.72 server I get: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.restart()'

Rémy mentioned that it should be in TC 8.5.58+.   This is a relatively clean EC2 on AWS, not running much other than Tomcat. And I have not done in backdoor (non yum) installs of TC that might have left old jar files around.   I noticed that there are 2 dbcp2 jar files in TC's lib. One is from the java install. But the error message above is a tomcat path.  So I'm assuming it's tomcat's dbcp2 jar that's being referenced. I exploded the jar hoping there would be some version numbers somewhere inside telling me if I somehow have a backlevel jar.  But I couldn't find anything.  All I know is it's date is 2/25/2021 and it's 286,358 bytes.

Any other ideas come to mind why it's telling me the restart() method doesn't exist?

Thx as always.

Jerry