OK with your advice I tried what I thought would work from example and doesn't
at all. The old example below works but this doesn’t even detect members.

Below is example to which Im using on both nodes which are remote to eachother.

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
           channelSendOptions="8" channelStartOptions = "3">
      <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"
           expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
           notifyListenersOnReplication="true"/>

      <Channel className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">

            <Membership
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.StaticMembershipService">
                <Member
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.StaticMember"
                          port="4110"
                          host="local-tomcat"
                          domain="tomcat-pc2"
                          uniqueId="{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,0}" />
        <Member className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.StaticMember"
                          port="4110"
                          host="remote-tomcat"
                          domain="tomcat-pc2"
                          uniqueId="{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15}" />
            </Membership>

           <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
                     address="local-tomcat"
                     port="4110"
                     autoBind="9"
                     selectorTimeout="2000"
                     maxThreads="6"/>

           <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
                <Transport
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"/>
           </Sender>

           <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpPingInterceptor"
staticOnly="true"/>
           <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector" />
           <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor"/>
           <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.ThroughputInterceptor"/>
           <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.StaticMembershipInterceptor">
           </Interceptor>

      </Channel>

      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve" filter=""/>
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"/>

                  <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                    tempDir="/opt/tomcat/war-temp/"
     deployDir="/opt/tomcat/war-deploy/"
                    watchDir="/opt/tomcat/war-listen/"
                    watchEnabled="true"/>
      <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
 </Cluster>