Good afternoon,

On a Centos 7 machine, I have multiple full tomcat installs.

/var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD
/var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD

My app uses a spring configuration for cxf, and uses catalina.base to identify
the location for the keystore/truststore, and log4j2 for logging.  When I start
each individual tomcat using startup.sh, they report setting CATALINA_HOME and
CATALINA_BASE correctly for their respective locations.

 $ /var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
/var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:
/var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/bootstrap.jar:/var/tomcat_installs/initiatingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_OPTS:
Tomcat started.

$ /var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
/var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:
/var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/bootstrap.jar:/var/tomcat_installs/respondingPROD/apache-tomcat-8.5.73/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_OPTS:
Tomcat started.

However, as I follow catalina.out, it appears the values for these are changed
somehow, or I have a configuration error causing this (more likely).  There is
all kinds of crosstalk in the respondingPROD catalina.out showing things from
the initiatingPROD installation.  The initiatingPROD catalina.out, however,
only has references to what it should.

I'm setting this up this way so to provide a testing/upgrade path for
tomcat/log4j2 updates, and need each of these installations to be agnostic of
the other, and really need a way to specify for spring where the keystores are
located and they can not be in the classpath.

There has to be some configuration thing for multiple FULL tomcat installations
that I'm missing here causing all this crosstalk for the respondingPROD
installation, correct?

Thank you,

Jason T. Countryman

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by
law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or
the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and
permanently delete this e-mail.