On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 6:58 PM Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Torsten,
>
> On 3/11/22 06:03, Torsten Krah wrote:
> >> It seems to me you are listing a cipher that might be correct
> >> according to the OpenSSL documentation, but then whether that is
> >> available to your JVM may be different.
> >
> > That is for sure not the problem - just use the "ciphers.sh" from the
> > binary directory of tomcat which will list you all possible ciphers you
> > can use - and those match the ones I want to use.
> >

> >> Maybe you can run some small java application on the very same JVM to
> >> simply list the supported ciphers? At least that would give you an
> >> authorative list of ciphers you can put into the configuration file.
> >
> > No need for that, tomcat already has that - use ciphers.sh .
> >
> > As Thomas found, it is a known bug / missing feature of tomcat - you
> > can't configure TLS 1.3 ciphers in tomcat yet if you want to use the
> > OpenSSL native implementation and Mark Thomas confirmed that here:
> >
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread/q8lmp40xkn0b4k4o6n05n9fyttlvmd22
> >
> > That was 08/2019 - but it still is unsupported in 03/2022 - maybe I'll
> > do a patch for that one ;).
>
> If you do, please make sure you use appropriate #ifdefs in order to
> allow it to compile against multiple versions of OpenSSL, not just
> whatever version you happen to have installed on your local machine.

I used Panama for prototyping, SSL_CTX_set_ciphersuites works but is
not so trivial to use. If you try using the ciphersuite for more than
1.3, there will be warnings (which I improved), and the default Tomcat
uses also does not make sense for 1.3. I wonder if it should revert to
not setting anything in that case (which would need some more
changes).

Rémy