Hello Chris,

I think I understand now, how the memory leak is created.
So lets say Tomcat has three worker Threads W1, W2 and W3.
If every one of them is using the CamelContext, then all of them will inherit
this ThreadLocal-Value within their worker threads.

I will debug into the library and try to confirm this.

Thanks to your explanation, the leak report makes sense to me now.
Right now I don’t have a clue, how all the workers might release that
ThreadLocal variable.

I will let you know, what the debugger says.

Thanks! Thomas