On 28/04/2022 16:30, vladimir dvorak wrote:
   Hi,

I'm trying to use jakarta-el, which is an alternative to el-api.jar from
Tomcat. Jakarta-el is deployed with application, implementation part of lib
works correctly since it uses separate package,
but I can't force the Tomcat classloader mechanism to not use the classes
from api part TOMCAT_DIR/lib/el-api.jar but rather jakarta-el-api.jar. I've
excluded all transitive deps on apache-el,
but nothing helps. Is there any configuration on how to force Tomcat to use
classes from the application jar in advance of the system tomcat jar?

No.

The Jakarta EE platform specification requires that the container (Tomcat) prevents applications loading alternative API JARs.

Why do you want to use an alternative API JAR?

Mark