Rakesh,

On 6/6/22 09:54, rakesh meka wrote:
Currently we are using an internal application which is deployed on windows
server. And we use http which means we didn't configure SSL or TLS setup
with application. The current application is using LDAP for user
authentication which checks with active directory for verification .

Can any one let me know how we can configure LDAPS now ?

Should we need to configure the application with https before we enable
LDAPS ?

It doesn't matter in which order you do these.

But if you need users to authenticate with your application, then encrypting that communication channel should be a top priority. Otherwise, anyone nearby on your network can read everyone's credentials, regardless of whether you are using LDAP or LDAPS. Or any other kind of credential-checking system.

I tried changing the port to 636 but not successful. So need help if we can
directly generate the certificate and place in somewhere in Tomcat
directory ?

You need to use an ldaps:// URL, not just change the port number.

-chris