Hi Christopher and all,

Thanks for your great help.

Raghav

From: Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Date: Friday, 8 July 2022 at 9:28 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: AW: SSL handshake failure logs required for auditing purpose
Raghav,

On 7/8/22 06:36, Ragavendhiran Bhiman (rabhiman) wrote:
> That’s great, and thank ful for your reply.
>
> Kindly look my below mail for my doubts,
>
> And need one more query can we have the same jar updated to 9.0.x lower
> versions?
>
> If that particular jar is updated what is the jar?
>
> If jar is not possible what is the way we can get the solution to 9.0.x lower
> versions.
>

> Does via syslog this solution is possible?

You can also get all of this using a network tap, sending it anywhere
you want. No need to modify any software or even trust that the software
is configured properly. Tomcat could be lying to you, and allowing
failed connections from apache.org to be silently ignored.

It just occurred to me that your request suggests that (your) Tomcat is
being used directly by clients on the public internet. This is obviously
a perfectly valid setup, but if I were running a publicly-accessible
web-based application (which I do for $work), I would put something
between the internet and my application to terminate TLS, perform
load-balancing, etc. for a number of reasons. Is there any reason not to
use another product that does *exactly* what you want, here?

FWIW, I'm not sure if AWS/Azure/Oracle, httpd, nginx, squid, haproxy,
etc. will report TLS handshake failures in a way that is acceptable to
you and your certification body, either. I was just wondering...

-chris